Full Time with Full Benefits, Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida, Faculty – Health Professions, Neuro-Immune Medicine Position
Apply online to nsucareers.nova.edu
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University! Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Title: Faculty Rank, MD/DO Neuro-Immune Medicine – Position # 993177
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Job Category: Exempt
Pay Basis: Annually
Essential Job Functions:
- Practice medicine in the clinic treating patients/research participants.
- Create a climate that is conducive to learning.
- Stimulate intellectual curiosity.
- Provide and maintain a reliable schedule of office hours for patients and research participants.
- Participate in department and college wide committees and meetings if requested.
- Engage in curriculum and program development if requested.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan which must include teaching, research, scholarly activity and service to assure growth and currency within the field.
- Display behavior consistent with professional ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Participate in state and/or local community service that is recognized from a career development aspect.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Must have a FL medical license in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or equivalent.
- Must have training and certification in Functional Medicine and Integrative Medicine.
Required Education: Terminal Degree (Highest degree in field of study)
Major (if required):
Required Experience: 1. Five (5) to eight (8) years of related experience and/or training, including research or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Screening Required? No
Sensitivity Disclaimer: Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.