ABPS Mission, Values & Objectives
The mission of the American Board of Physician Specialties® (ABPS®) is to offer the highest standards in physician board certification that meets the healthcare needs of the public while benefiting physicians and helping them achieve success in the evolving medical environment.
We strive to:
- Provide board certification for physicians in a variety of medical specialties
- Establish and maintain professional standards for each medical specialty board of certification and verify that members meet and maintain these standards
- Promote communication and provide a coordinated structure for conducting the affairs of the affiliated boards of certification
- Provide a forum for addressing certification issues confronting physician specialists
- Review and act upon applications for new specialty boards
- Set standards for certification
- Promote collegiality, fraternity, and service among Diplomates
- Inform the public about specialty certification, the certification process, and the status of certified physicians
Contact us to learn more about ABPS , our code of ethics, and the specialty board certification exams we offer.