Client is willing to sponsor if needed or transfer sponsorship.
Key requirements, as per our assistant medical director.
• Geriatrician or Primary Care experience.
• Active DEA.
• CA practice license.
• Demonstrated success working in a group practice setting.
• Experienced using EHRs.
• Willing and able to learn.
• Willing to do a working interview for up to 4 hours so they and we can assess fit.
• Comfortable with the Bay Area commute.
• Spanish or Cantonese/Mandarin speakers.
General info about the MD job:
1) average number of patients seen in a day:
• 6-8 is typical.
2) amount of time spent with each patient:
• About half of cases are brief/straightforward visits 5-10 minutes. 1-2 cases a day are more extensive evaluations, complex conditions (30+ minutes). There is no strict schedule to adhere to so PCP has flexibility to spend more/less time with each patient depending on overall priorities for the day.
3) estimated time beyond 8:00-5:00 (evenings? weekends?):
• Evening on call is 1 week per month (phone advise only, no hospital admission ), with additional stipend $60/night on-call. No weekend coverage. 1 holiday per year working in the Gee clinic (which is open on holidays) for urgent care to all SF center locations.
• Clinics close at 4:30pm so any time beyond that is to wrap up documentation, etc. Most providers leave 5-6pm, depending on efficiency of charting/documentation.
4) administrative work, i.e. “running the organization; business management”:
• As per the Assistant Medical Director: “We don’t expect our PCPs to be directly involved on the business management side. The non-clinical work that PCPs are involved in would be to participate in monthly medical staff meetings, utilization review meetings, chart reviews for coding, peer reviews, QA reviews. Estimate these activities take 4-6 hours a month.”
• Negotiable Compensation.
starting bonus enhanced benefits plans for 2018
relocation payment (usually $10k) 403B (401k) plan match
student loan assistance perhaps a deferred comp plan
CEU time/$$ Reasonable work schedule that allows work/life balance