1 license/50 States- 49 days paid time off annually! No Insurance Company’s or Overhead to Deal With. Practice Pure Medicine
The Baltimore VA Medical Center (VAMC) seeks a full-time Geriatric Psychiatrist. In this position you have the opportunity to care for Veterans in the Loch Raven Long Term Care Facility and Perry Point VA Medical Center.
Information regarding opportunity:
- Academic affiliation with the University of Maryland, School of Medicine (80% Patient Care; 10% Teaching & Supervision and 10% Research and Development).
- Scope of leadership responsibilities includes Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- Call requirements low – Weekend call only three times a year.
- Special Medical equipment available to perform ECT and Tele psychiatry
- U.S. citizen
- Full and unrestricted MD/DO license (from any state)
- BC Psychiatrist with fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry
- Must be highly motivated, team-oriented, and committed to the care and good health for our Veterans.
Preferred Candidate: Trained Geriatric Psychiatrist enjoys patient care, clinical work. Team Player – Must be able to work seamlessly with other disciplines.
- 26 days paid annual vacation/ personal leave per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- 13 days of wellness leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- Liability Protection
- Life, health, long term care insurance and retirement benefits
As a modern health care facility, the Baltimore VA Medical Center offers Veterans state-of-the-art technology and clinical services. The Baltimore VA Medical Center is the acute medical and surgical care facility for the VA Maryland Health Care System and offers a full range of inpatient, outpatient and primary care services. The Baltimore VA Medical Center is located in a vibrant city neighborhood on the campus of the University of Maryland at Baltimore and is within walking distance of Oriole Park at Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium (home of the Baltimore Ravens), Lexington Market and the Inner Harbor.
Having one of the largest funded research and development programs in the VA system enhances the medical center’s ability to provide state-of-the-art medical techniques and treatments to Maryland’s Veterans.
The medical center is also home to the following specialized clinical and research centers:
- Epilepsy Center of Excellence
- Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center
- Maryland Exercise and Robotics Center of Excellence
- Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Center of Excellence
Interested: Please forward C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org