BEAUTIFUL BECKLEY VA MEDICAL CENTER
1 license/50 States – 49 days paid time off annually – No Overhead or Insurance Company’s to deal with! Practice Pure Medicine
As a Veteran Affairs Geriatrician the possibilities’ are endless! Seeking Chief Geriatrician to lead the Long Term Care/ Short Stay Rehabilitation Center, Home Based Primary Care (HBPC), hospice, and palliative care clinics.
- Lead 50 Bed Long term Care/Short Stay Rehabilitation Center and Home Based Patient Care Program
- Supervise full time employees in the department which also includes Physical Therapy; Adult Day Health Care; and Hospice Program
- 75% Adminstration – 25 Clinical
- Work Schedule:Monday – Friday, 1st Shift 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Very light call
VA Physicians practice medicine more and spend less time on business tasks. Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation. No dealing with insurance company’s and no overhead. Practice pure medicine.
- S. Citizen
- Board certified/board eligible Internal Medicine/Family Practice
- Unrestricted MD.DO license (practice with any current and unrestricted state license).
Preferred Candidate: Seasoned Geriatrician with recent/relevant experience who is energetic, intelligent, professional who interacts well with Veterans and staff.
Interested: Forward your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits: Working for the Department of Veteran Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part:
49 days paid time off annually including
26 days paid vacation
13 days of sick leave; 10 paid holidays
5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability)
- up to 5% matching funds on your 401(k); on average, federal government pays 75% of your premium on your health care insurance; possible annual performance bonus of 7.5% up to a max $15,000 annually; VA contributes 9.6% of your salary toward federal retirement; and you do not have to pay a penny for malpractice insurance because you are covered by the federal government if a claim arises.
VA Total Compensation: VA physicians enjoy all the above mentioned benefits which increase total compensation by an average of 39% over your annual salary.
Medical License: A clean, valid medical license from any US State or Territory is all that is required to practice medicine in a VA Federal Hospital anywhere in the nation.
Salaries: VA Physician salaries are determined by a compensation panel of physicians at the facility where you practice medicine. VA salaries are very competitive and are based on physician salaries of the local market, your experience and credentials as a physician.
Job Satisfaction: VA Physicians enjoy the luxury of practicing medicine with the latest technologies and do so with no overhead costs, staff to pay, no rent on a building and no filing insurance claims.
Enjoy living in ‘Wild and Wonderful’ West Virginia, one of the nation’s most beautiful, natural playgrounds – Beckley, West Virginia! We have it all, beautiful mountains, streams, lakes – truly an outdoor adventure for each season of the year. Enjoy the golfing, biking, hiking, fishing and camping opportunities. Visit the nearby White Sulphur Springs, home of The Greenbrier PGA Classic Tour offering world-class recreational opportunities or the local ‘Resort at Glade Springs,’ a full-service resort offering 3 championship golf courses.
Beckley is conveniently located off of Interstate 77 and I-64 and the Raleigh County Memorial Airport offers daily scheduled flights to other cities. We have it all; rural retreats and country culture, steep hills and deep valleys, scenic vistas, serene retreats, and serious adventure! This is Almost Heaven!