Medical Director, Physician Specialist – 2230
Salary Range: $163,826.00 – $231,972.00/Year
Under the general direction of the Medical Director, the Physician Specialist performs the following essential job functions:
- Provides primary medical care to adult and pediatric patients with acute and chronic medical problems. This includes obtaining medical history, performing physician examinations, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, initiating and monitoring treatments, and counseling patients on their medical condition and on preventive health maintenance practices in accordance with established procedures and protocols;
- Documents all patient care in the electronic health record;
- Participates in the Quality Improvement and Assurance activities;
- Works effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and other community resources and agencies to coordinate care for patients;
- Participates in staff meetings and in-service activities;
- Participates in education and clinical supervision of other staff members including Family Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Medical Assistants and Health Workers, as well as UCSF medical students and residents on rotation;
- Performs limited administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Director; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
- Graduation from an approved medical school, possession of a Doctor of Medicine (M.D) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree, and completion of a recognized residency program in the respective specialty field; AND
- Possession of a license to practice medicine issued by the California Medical Board; AND
- Board Eligibility in the respective specialty.
- Graduation from an approved medical school, possession of a Doctor of Medicine (M.D) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree, and completion of a recognized residency program in the respective specialty field;
- Some positions require a specialized Board Certification including, but not limited to: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatric, Psychiatry, and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Should you possess Board Certification in a medical specialty, please indicate it/them on your employment application.
- This position requires possession of a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license.
*Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately here: https://www.jobaps.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=PEX&R2=2230&R3=PH9000 (Please Click Each Vacancy Highlighted in Red to Learn More About Each Facility/Location)