The Mountains are calling you!
Only 1 hour from the mountains and skiing, hiking, and outdoor destinations
Excellent public schooling and private options
Denver is the fastest growing city in the U.S.
300 days of sunshine annually – more than either San Diego or Miami
Unique park system with 200 city parks and 20,000 acres in the nearby mountains
Metro Community Provider Network (MCPN) is a 501(c) (3) Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a 27-year history of providing primary care and other health-related services in a community-based setting. Established in 1989 in response to the primary health care needs of the medically indigent population in suburban Denver, MCPN has the largest population base of any FQHC in Colorado and provides primary care, dental, pharmacy, behavioral health, health education and outreach and enrollment services in accordance with its mission.
MCPN is all about making a difference. We strive to make a difference in the lives of our patients and in the lives of our employees. Each employee is a piece of the puzzle that, when put together, makes MCPN great. We have over twenty health centers located throughout the metropolitan Denver area which allows us to better serve our patients and provides convenience for our employees. MCPN is a company that believes in the power of a diverse staff and we are as committed to hiring individuals from diverse backgrounds as we are to caring for our diverse patient population.
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, Dental, and Optional Vision Insurance.
• Up to $5000 and up to 40 hours of CME
• 401k match up to 4%
• Relocation Assistance
• 6 weeks of paid time off (5 of these days are for CME)
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care options.
- In 2015, we saw 40,000 patients
- 78% of these patients were at or below poverty level
- The top 5 services were: Well Child Care & Adult Preventative Care, Cardiovascular care, Diabetes care, Obesity care and Dental care.
- 85% of our patients are between the age of 5-64
- 58% of our revenue came from patient visits; 42% came from grants and fundraising
- We started with an annual budget of $451k in 1989 to a present annual budget of over $21 Million
- We’ve grown to 23 clinics, serving the Denver Metro area
In order to ensure efficient, quality health care services, the purpose of the Medical Director is to provide leadership for MCPN’s medical program.
This position will be 60-80% administrative; however, the Medical Director will still be required to practice medicine. This position will be physician level only, ideally Family or IM trained, board certified with a valid Colorado license. The Medical Director is an exempt position in the Clinical Department and will report to VP Clinical Affairs. The position will be located in Englewood, Colorado in the vibrant and beautiful Denver Metropolitan area.
Education or Formal Training:
- Board certified in Physician in Primary Care.
- Masters level training in public health or administration preferred
- 3 years experience post-residency
- Family or Internal Medicine physician preferred
- Experience in managing large physician/provider groups
- Experience in coaching staff for maximal performance
- Experience in implementing performance improvement measures to improve clinical outcomes, patient and employee satisfaction and other elements critical to the success of a health care organization
How to Apply:
MCPN has retained the services of ExecSearches.com to assist with this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and how you heard about this search. Please do not submit your materials through the MCPN website and please do not contact the MCPN offices.
The full Medical Director search announcement can be found at: https://execsearches.com/nonprofit-job/medical-director-metro-community-provider-network-mcpn-denver-co