We are seeking a full-time Emergency Medicine physician to join our team at Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital. Board-Eligible/Certified physicians as well as new graduates are welcome to apply!
Our Emergency Department:
- Approximately 17,000 patient visits per year
- Level III Trauma Center
- 12-bed ED
- 6-bed Fast Track
- Superb APP and nursing clinical support
- Cerner EMR system
- Cardiac and Stroke facility
- Acute Care Surgeon on-site
- 24-hour medical imaging
Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital is a 141-bed county hospital, serving the Nacogdoches County region with medical, surgical, and emergency care. For more than 90 years, the hospital has been serving the community and take tremendous pride in offering the best care possible to every member of this community. We are Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital, where people come first. Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital mission is to deliver better health care to patients and their community.
Today, the hospital is well-known for its knowledgeable medical staff, including cardiology, emergency, radiology, gastroenterology, physical rehabilitation, nutrition services, stroke, surgery and women’s and children’s services. It is the only Level III Trauma Center in East Texas. In addition, the Breast Care Center’s Mammography Facility is accredited by The American College of Radiology and the Cecil R. Bomar Rehabilitation Center is an internationally accredited Center of Excellence for Rehab.
- Only Level III Trauma Center in Deep East Texas – certified by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Founder of the Healthy Nacogdoches Coalition
- Gold Recognition for Nacogdoches as a Heart/Stroke Healthy Community
- Helped secure non-smoking ordinance for Nacogdoches
- Selected for ACHIEVE Grant (Action Communities for Health, Innovation, and EnVironmental ChangE) by the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors
- Texas Council on Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke 2009 Cardiovascular Health Promotion Awards – Outstanding Recognition
- First and Only Recipient of Nacogdoches United Way Spirit Award
- American Heart Association’s Get with The Guidelines Stroke Program Participant
- Five Star Hospital Award from the Bureau of Vital Statistics
- 5-Star Rated Maternity Care (Rated in the top 15% nationwide) by HealthGrades in 2008/2009
The 12-bed emergency department includes specialized treatment areas for critical care, mental health, and fast track non-critical care to improve the care process and reduce waiting times. Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital’s Emergency Department has 24/7/365 coverage of board-certified physicians and advance practitioners.
A dedicated room for state-of-the-art imaging, including CT scanning and X-ray equipment, is located within the Emergency Department, so we can diagnose your injuries immediately. As a Level III designated trauma center, it is backed by the resources of an entire health system, including a 30,000 square foot world-class surgery center right on site. We are committed to serve the community and commit to:
- Providing a trauma surgeon on hospital staff 24/7
- Offer general surgery
- Have anesthesiologist and other specialists on-call and promptly available
- Offer 24-hour lab services
- Have nursing care standard that are up to date for trauma
- Maintain an intensive care unit
Nacogdoches is full of history as the first official town in Texas and home to Stephen F. Austin University. From antiquing to nature walks, Nacogdoches has something to offer everyone. Stroll the red brick streets of historic downtown and experience the hospitalist and charm of the oldest town in Texas, hike miles of historic trails that once served as trade routes for Native Americans or break a tea in a Victoria mansion.
Distance to Major Cities (in miles)
- Austin: 4 hours
- Dallas: 3 hours
- Ft. Worth: 3 hours
- Houston: 2 hours
- Lafayette, LA: 4 hours
- Natchitoches, LA: 2 hours
- Natches, MS: 4 hours
- San Antonio: 5 hours
- Shreveport: 2 hours
- Tyler: 1 hour
Please contact Stephanie Cholwanit, Senior Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com.