Clarksburg VA Medical Center
1 License/50 States ~ Over 49 days off annually!
No dealing with Insurance Companies. Generous Vacation time and Comprehensive Benefits
Clarksburg with its cozy population of 18,000 citizens is located at the center of West Virginia’s 1-79 High Tech Corridor. The High Tech Corridor is anchored on the north by Morgantown, which is the home of West Virginia University Mountaineers, a Carnegie Foundation Research Institution and training academy for Cisco Systems and Oracle. Just an hour away from Pittsburgh, PA. Morgantown was recently rated the best small city in America.
- The position involves:
Non-invasive Cardiologist in an outpatient clinic conducting established and new consults.
- Hospital consultations.
- Interpreting EKG, ECHO’s and stress test.
- Work volume: New consults allotted 45 mins., established F/U 30 min. visit time.
- Call requirement – every fourth night (very light)
- U.S. citizenship
- Board certified/ eligible Internist with Cardiology training and experience.
- Current, full, and unrestricted medical license from any state, territory or commonwealth or District of Columbia in the United StatesMaintain continuing medical education and required certifications, including Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree from an institution approved by the American Medical Colleges or the American Osteopathic Association
Board Certified Cardiologist – energetic, intelligent, professional who interacts well with Veterans and staff.
Interested: Please forward your C.V. to: email@example.com
We are proud to offer you a competitive benefits package that includes:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation – unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service.
Clarksburg VA Medical Center
Clarksburg Convention & visitors Bureau