The Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine Seeks Osteopathic (OPP) Faculty | 100% True Academic Position | Excellent Work-Life Balance | Live and Work in the Highly Desirable Boise, ID, Metro Area
The Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine seeks Osteopathic (OPP) faculty for an academic position, allowing you to focus 100% on teaching without clinical practice. As a pivotal figure, you will provide lectures to all students and lend your expertise as an academic advisor. Additionally, you will engage in college service by participating in shared efforts, such as interviewing prospective students and new faculty. Your commitment to ICOM’s policies, procedures, and adherence to AOA’s Code of Ethics will contribute to a collaborative academic environment. Join the team in shaping the next generation of healthcare professionals. The ideal candidate should have a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from a COCA-accredited medical school, be board certified/eligible by the appropriate AOA or ABPS specialty board, have or be able to obtain an Idaho State Medical License before the start date, and have experience teaching OMM/OMT to osteopathic medical students. Candidates with training and experience in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (NMM) will be highly considered.
To Apply – Please email your CV and Letter of Interest to CJ Stanford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Assume a true academic position focused entirely on teaching without clinical responsibilities
· Enjoy an excellent work-life balance
· Receive a competitive compensation package for your academic contributions
· Work in the No. 1 best state for medical practice
· Deliver captivating lectures and facilitate interactive discussions on osteopathic principles and practices
· Provide hands-on instruction and supervise students in osteopathic manipulative treatment techniques
· Offer academic guidance and mentorship to students, advising them on career paths, research opportunities, and other academic matters
Community Information – No.1 Best Place to Practice in 2023
The Boise region in Idaho is an exceptional place to reside. In 2023, Idaho was honored by Medscape as the top destination for practicing medicine. The area boasts flourishing communities, over 200 sunny days annually, and an unparalleled blend of tenacity and allure.
· Meridian, ID, is the No. 1 Suburb to Live in Idaho (Niche)
· Named a top city to live in 2023 (Livability)
· Spectacular suburbs with views of the Boise Mountains and the Owyhee Mountains
· Outdoor lover’s paradise – hike, raft the Boise River, bike, camp, and much more
· Excellent public and private schools
· Lower cost of living than many major US cities
· A walkable city with friendly neighborhoods
· Local university and Division 1 sports
· Top-notch culinary scene — named a Next Great Food City (Food & Wine)