The Emergency or Internal Medicine will treat patients to ensure proper injury care and disease diagnosis, treatment and recovery, request necessary tests and follow-up visits and refer patients to specialists as necessary. Some settings will require coordination with local or remote hospitals to determine local capabilities, coordinate admission, monitor and arrange final disposition. In addition, some settings will require stabilization of patient and coordination of evacuation of patient to a medevac location. The position will report to the Chief Medical Officer.
Emergency Medicine Specialist (defined by current board certification) with a broad interest and experience in providing primary care across the range of office-based specialties including, but not limited to, GYN, dermatology, ENT, pulmonary, cardiovascular, ophthalmology, orthopedics, trauma and gastroenterology.
Internal Medicine Specialist (defined by current board certified or equivalent board certification) with interests as defined above and with an interest, additional training and practice experience to include the broad range of gynecologic, medical, surgical, orthopedic, psychiatric and trauma emergencies.
**This position is notional and contingent upon contract award**
CHSi supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners in austere, remote, and security challenged environments outside the continental United States. With over 40 years of experience providing a full range of medical services, CHSi medical management solutions are comprehensive, responsive, and reliable. Our unique service delivery approach, international recruiting network, and proprietary processes and systems deliver secure and compliant solutions. Through solid performances in the U.S. and its territories, and in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, and Africa, CHSi’s solutions are built on a foundation of field-tested best practices. The CHSi service delivery approach includes onsite health centers, a national network of highly credentialed board certified medical staff, and medical readiness teams.
LOCATION: This position will be located in the Eastern Caribbean.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHS is recognized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform and/or provide direction and support for the following services
- Analyze patient’s medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to verify dental necessity and to determine best procedure
- The Physician will provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment. Performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care
- Documenting/Charting patient information in line with current policies and procedures
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care
- Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Follows established policies, procedures, objectives, and recommended referral, Tele-medicine and MEDEVAC practices
- Participates in facility in-services, required staff meetings, and other clinic operations procedures
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal. Orientation and training of new practitioners when necessary
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required
- Assists with the managing of day to day activities and prioritizing tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Hold and maintain board certification as an Emergency Medicine specialist or Internal Medicine specialist as defined in scope referenced above
- Have three years of experience
- Must possess a current, active, valid and unrestricted license as a Physician from an official agency of a State, the District of Columbia, or a Commonwealth territory
- Have and maintain current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Licenses are in good standing, are without restrictions and are kept current through the period of employment
- Clean criminal background check
- Ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills
- Immediate, last-minute travel within the U.S. may be required if located outside of shelter location.
- Flexibility is required due to potential shift changes based on operational needs and/or command priorities.
- Bilingual (Creole, French, Spanish, Dutch, etc.)
- Must have a current U.S. Passport
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals.
- Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Visual acuity required to complete paperwork and computer work
- Able to communicate verbally and listen for constant surveillance of staff activities
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, lightning, and winds)
- Due to the conditions, must be able to manipulate around uneven terrain without assistance, able to ascend and descend stairs.
- Able to adapt to conditions with little or no public utilities, including power and water.
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Position Type: Temporary
Apply here: https://chsmedical-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=8507&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992635&company_id=16120&version=1&byBusinessUnit=NULL&bycountry=0&bystate=0&byRegion=&bylocation=&keywords=physician&byCat=&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes&city=