Healthcare in America is focused on quality, efficiency, and value. Qualis Health is at the forefront, partnering with clients in the private and public sectors to improve care delivery and patient outcomes. Our work makes a positive difference in the health of millions of Americans across the country, but it’s the contributions of local teams and individuals that make our mission, values, and vision a reality every day.
We’re honored to have been selected to partner with the State of Kansas to provide retrospective utilization review services for the Department of Health and Environment, Division of Health Care Finance (KDHE-DHCF).
In this key role, you would:
- Serve as Qualis Health’s primary physician liaison and medical subject matter expert.
- Perform clinical peer reviews and appeals.
- Recruit and/or oversee the activities of specialty peer consultants.
- Participate in appeals and hearings.
- Manage quality assurance and process improvement programs, client and provider relations activities, and strategic planning, in collaboration with our Senior Medical Director.
NOTE: This is a part-time, 6 hour / week (0.15 FTE) position.
- 4+ years of medical practice.
- 3+ years of experience conducting peer reviews.
- Strong familiarity with Medicaid-specific utilization and quality control.
- D. or D.O. from an accredited institution.
- Current, active, unrestricted M.D. or D.O. licensure in Kansas.
- Board certification in hospital medicine, internal medicine, or family practice strongly preferred.
To learn more and apply, visit https://qualishealthcareers.silkroad.com/qualisext/EmploymentListings.html Qualis Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Employer that embraces and practices diversity, reflecting the communities we serve. We encourage minorities, Protected Veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.