1 License from any state / up to 49 days off’ annually. No insurance companies to deal with… and no overhead.
Martinsburg is a picturesque, historic community within an hour away from Washington D.C. and from Baltimore, Maryland metropolitan areas, yet offers the serenity of small town living. Our opportunity is nestled in a community which offers family friendly lifestyle, great public and private schools, and affordable real estate. With such close proximity to our nation’s capital you can enjoy all the attractions, sports, shopping, and entertainment that metropolitan area has to offer.
As a VA Physician your opportunities are endless! We are seeking a full-time board certified Hospitalist to practice with both surgical and hospitalist staff.
The opportunity allows you :
- Practice part of the day in a clinic setting to help prepare/optimize veteran’s for elective surgical procedures from a health care perspective. The goal is to attempt to decrease adverse outcomes associated with elective surgeries to the greatest degree possible. This will include some risk stratification but goes beyond that to be actively involved in health changes (diet: medication compliance management, smoking cessation…..) pre-surgical education…to improve outcomes.
- The Hospitalist shall have part of the day dedicated to rounding and covering the surgical service patients from a medical perspective. Responsible for medical co-management of post-surgical patients.
- They may also occasionally be called on to fill in for hospitalist in the event of unplanned absence. (not very frequent).
- The schedule is a normal tour Monday to Friday (8 hour tours) typically 8:00 to 4:30.
- U.S. citizenship
- Full and unrestricted M.D. / D.O. license from any state, DC or Puerto Rico
- Hospitalist – Inpatient Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Maintains current ACLS and BLS Certification.
Benefits for you: In addition to professional and personal rewards, VA also offers extensive employment benefits and educational opportunities.
Paid Time Off:
• up to 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
• 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation – unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
• 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3)Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service
Martinsburg VA Medical Center
510 Butler Avenue
Martinsburg, WV 25405
For more information, please contact: