Healthcare Leaders Can Learn About the ABPS in 2020
Founded in 1952, the American Board of Physician Specialties® (ABPS) offers both allopathic and osteopathic physicians board certification and recertification in 18 different specialties. We certified our first physician in 1960, and since then have certified numerous professionals in traditional medical fields such as internal medicine, family medicine, and dermatology, as well as in emerging specialties such as urgent care medicine and integrative medicine. In fact, we are the only multispecialty board that offers certification in these fields.
Recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor as a choice for physician board certification, we maintain a notably rigorous certification process. Candidates must meet stringent eligibility requirements and successfully complete comprehensive specialty exams. It’s no surprise that only the most talented and dedicated professionals become ABPs Diplomates. Our Diplomates practice at some of the most respectable health care institutions in the country, and are in all 50 states, the District of Colombia, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
At the ABPS, we have remained steadfast in our mission to offer the highest standards in physician board certification that meets the healthcare needs of the public, while helping physicians achieve success in the evolving medical environment. The ABPS encourages healthcare leaders to visit our booth at any of the following events in 2020 to learn more about our certification options:
- University of Arizona Integrative Alumni and Associates Reunion, Tucson, AZ – Jan. 23-24
- Greeley Physician and Hospital Leadership Seminar, San Antonio, TX – March 19-21
- HCPro CRC Symposium, New Orleans, LA – April 20-21
- ABQUARP Annual Conference, Clearwater, FL – April 30-May 1
- EDPMA Solutions Summit, Nashville, TN – May 3-6
- National Conference of AAFP Residents, Kansas City, MO – July 30-Aug. 1
- AIHM Annual Conference, San Diego, CA – Sept. 17-20
- NAMSS Educational and Exhibition, Portland, OR – Oct. 3-7
- AAFP FMX, Chicago, IL – Oct. 13-17
- Greely Physician and Hospital Leadership, Boca Raton, FL – Dec. 3-5
The ABPS is the official board certifying body of the American Association of Physician Specialists, Inc.®