Internal Job Number: 159664
Position title: Family Medicine Residency Program Director
Location: Bogalusa, Louisiana
CTA/Contact: Ben Maliwat – email@example.com
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC) seeks a Family Medicine physician leader to serve as its rural Family Medicine Program Director. The Family Medicine Program Director position is a faculty appointment that’s community-based. The family medicine residents are the sole program in the hospital and accordingly have a global presence in the hospital, maximizing educational opportunities. The successful candidate will be board-certified and bring specialized expertise and at least three years of documented educational and/or administrative experience.
- Program leadership, development, and the growth trajectory from 18 residents to 21 residents
- Professional mentorship of family medicine faculty and residents through administrative, scholarly, and clinical engagement in an inclusive, collaborative, community-facing environment
- Academic faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (non-tenure, clinical track); rank to be commensurate with physician’s credentials and experience
- Practice provides broad-scope, traditional family medicine, inclusive of opportunities for outpatient, acute, and long-term inpatient care, obstetrics, and/or a variety of procedures
- Inpatient responsibilities at the award-winning Our Lady of the Angels Hospital, part of one of the largest health systems in Louisiana
Bogalusa, LA, is a warm, welcoming community that lets you embrace an affordable lifestyle, immerse yourself in nature’s wonders, become part of a close-knit community, and enjoy a rich cultural tapestry.
- Enjoy a comfortable and affordable lifestyle where housing costs and everyday expenses are notably lower than in many other areas
- Immerse yourself in the natural beauty and explore the picturesque Bogue Chitto State Park, which is perfect for hiking, fishing, and canoeing
- Discover an abundance of outdoor activities in the nearby Pearl River, ideal for boating and wildlife observation
- Live in a tight-knit community that embraces its residents with open arms while experiencing the warmth and hospitality of Southern charm
- Delve into a rich history and heritage by discovering the city’s pivotal role in the timber and railroad industries, and explore historical sites like Cassidy Park and the Bogalusa Rail Depot Museum
- New Orleans, one of the world’s most fascinating cities, is just an hour away
- Attend live performances at the Bogalusa Little Theatre, participate in art workshops, and enjoy local musicians showcasing their talent at various venues throughout the city
- Excellent educational institutions, including esteemed public and private schools
- Bogalusa has received numerous awards, such as “Cleanest City” and “Best Small Town for Quality of Life”
American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS) board certified physicians accepted.