Requirements: Candidate will be board certified or eligible in either emergency medicine, internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, or general surgery. ATLS. ACLS, PALS certifications.
FACILITY: Jackson Parish Hospital
ADDRESS: 165 Beech Springs Road
Jonesboro, LA 71251
- 24/7 EM + Hospitalist (admits, rounding, discharge, etc.) coverage
- 25 beds: 5 ED beds
- 7,800 annual ED volume; daily inpatient census: 6-8 pts
- Level IV Trauma
- Shifts: Hospital prefers 48-hour shifts due to continuity of care for the inpatients (12-48 hour shifts. Longer shifts with experience in the program)
- Average Admits: 2-4 Patients Per Day
- 7a – 7p; 7p – 7a
- EMR: Cerner
- Credentialing time: 1-2 weeks, will grant temps
- ACLS, PALS, ATLS required
Jackson Parish Hospital is a 25-bed full-service facility, offering ancillary, emergency services, three clinic locations, and swing bed availability.
Jonesboro, LA is a town in the parish seat of Jackson Parish in the northern portion of Louisiana, with a population of around 4,500. Jonesboro is known as “The Heart of the Pines” and is home of “Christmas Wonderland in the Pines,” an annual festival that begins after Thanksgiving and runs through December. It also holds the annual “Sunshine Festival” in the summer, which features antique cars and tractors, food, and games. Jonesboro is located 78 miles southeast of Shreveport, between Shreveport and Jackson, 46 miles southwest of Monroe.