MD/DO Functional Medicine Pediatrician – Houston TX
Work alongside and learn from one of top trailblazing Pediatricians in the U.S.
MindBody Talent has been retained by a client in the greater Houston area to assist them in their search for BC/BE Pediatrician interested in practicing functional medicine in their busy, established, and successful practice.
We are looking for a caring, compassionate, energetic pediatrician that has initiative, can “light up a room” and step in and lead when necessary. The practice has a high demand and an extensive, growing waiting list for pediatric functional medicine patients (especially autism spectrum, PANS & PANDAS, Lyme disease, and CIRS/mold/biotoxin). This opportunity also provides an ownership/equity track for the ideal candidate.
This position is ideally suited to a pediatrician that is naturally curious, is an IFMCP or a pediatrician that has started their IFM journey and has at a minimum completed their AFMCP foundational course and is open to being mentored and trained by one of the industry’s leading trailblazers in functional medicine. This is a “walk the walk” kind of practice and requires the ideal candidate to demonstrate personal passion for healthy lifestyles, nutrition, and overall wellness.
About the Clinic:
This is an extremely busy fee-for-service practice that will provide a full patient base immediately. There is currently a waitlist of over 140 children to be seen. The practice culture values kindness, love of God, community, meeting their patients where they’re at on their healthcare journey, collaboration, and humility. The clinic respects all patients/parents’ choice on vaccines and supports those decisions. On average, clinicians see ten patients per day and work with a medical scribe on all appointments. Work schedule is M-F (40-50 hrs/wk), no hospital privileges or call coverage.
Skills and Qualifications:
Physician must be confident and highly personable, able to establish a rapport with each patient. Must be willing to become IFMCP (Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner); willing/able to do Functional Medicine consults (especially autism spectrum) for children (newborn to 21) once trained; willing to do functional approach pediatric primary care. Be passionate about helping patients with autism, spectrum disorders, PANS/PANDAS, Vector-borne illnesses, Mycotoxins, and are willing to learn and apply genomics.
- Board Certified Pediatrician
- Completion of IFM certification if not currently certified
- Must be licensed or license eligible in Texas
- Must be open-minded to training and willing to learn new techniques
- Initiative, enthusiasm, and confidence are key to this position
- Full-time position, partnership opportunity
- Competitive compensation package with fast-track partnership option
- Malpractice coverage
- PTO is two weeks to start
- Experience/familiarity with genomics
- The Company’s services are available to employees without charge and products are available to employees at cost only for their personal use or the use of their legal dependents.
- The Company’s services are available to employees’ legal dependents at a discount of 30%.
- Health insurance, LTD/STD, life, accident, dental, vision, and 401K
Job Category: Physician (MD/DO)
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston TX