Summary: The Physician shall diagnose and treat all patients presenting for adult primary and acute care.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: All duties are subject to accommodation in accordance with the American Disability Act (ADA).
- Provides comprehensive, coordinated medical care, including preventive, maintenance and acute care, to adult patients across the spectrum utilizing the resources of the Health Center and when necessary refers to appropriate specialized resources of health care
- Provides adult medical care consistent with the scope of duties and responsibilities for which the Physician has been privileged by the Health Center Board of Directors
- Works as part of a team to ensure smooth functioning of the department and patient-centered care
- Supports and complies with established clinical and agency policies and procedures, including QI/QA and medical records, in accordance with Joint Commission and standards, and federal and state mandates, including FTCA regulations and scope of practice
- Possess license to practice medicine in the State of Connecticut
- Eligible for and maintains admitting hospital privileges at Bridgeport hospitals
- Possess good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good judgment and decision–making skills.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited medical residency program.
- Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine or American Board of Family Medicine, ABPS internal medicine board certificationor is Board eligible.
This position requires you to work until 8 pm some evenings. Are you available to work some evenings? This position requires the ability to work some Saturday hours. Are available from 8-1 on Saturdays.
For more information, contact:
Kevin Rogers, MBA