Medical Director – SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Our team at the SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University, the Department of Family and Community Medicine, seeks a Board-Certified family medicine provider with the ability to obtain a New York Medical license for a full-time Medical Director role to oversee the day-to-day clinical operations.
We invite you to join a tenured team with decades of experience taking newly graduated medical students and offering superior knowledge, skills, and attitudes to become excellent family physicians certified to practice independently.
Opportunity Highlights – Oversee Day-to-Day Operations
• Work at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York, one of the nation’s leading metropolitan medical centers
• Oversee 2 full-time attendings, 1 NP, 12 residents, and day-to-day clinic operations
• Option for a 50% clinical and 50% administrative role
• Option to tie in up to 2 half days of precepting, teaching, and supervising residents and students
• Supervise and evaluate staff and clinicians
• Develop policies and procedures
• Enjoy a weekday schedule with a clinical volume of 15 patients per day
• Our comprehensive benefits package includes 7 weeks of PTO
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University:
• The only academic medical center and the only medical school in Brooklyn – Serving a large, diverse population
• One of the top 5 leading US medical schools for training doctors (Castle Connolly Medical 2019)
• One of the nation’s longest-running family medicine residency programs, having been established in 1973
• SUNY received the inaugural Barbara Ross Lee award for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion from the ACGME in 2022
• Ranked the Best Grad School by US News & World Report
Community Information – Live and Work in a Top-Rated NYC Borough
You’ll live and work in Brooklyn, NY, which received an overall grade of A and was named one of the best places to live in New York (Niche). Living in New York City, the world’s cultural, financial, and media capital, offers excitement, an incomparable lifestyle, iconic sites, and endless possibilities. You’ll have everything you need right at your fingertips.
With streets lined with brownstones and bustling energy all around it, Brooklyn is a unique place full of fantastic food, live music, waterfronts, numerous museums, street art, Coney Island, Prospect Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, and so much more. Brooklyn has easy access throughout the area, with an extensive public transportation system to Broadway performances, world-class shopping, professional sports, and international airports.
Home to 2.577 million people, it has been ranked among the most populated cities for the past four decades. It offers many people a better lifestyle with lower prices, better access to green parks, and a close commute to the city.
Interested candidates should contact Benjamin Maliwat at (469) 524-1465 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job# 156623.