1 License/50 States ~ Over 49 days off annually
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: may be authorized for highly-qualified candidate. Beautiful Clarksburg with its cozy population of 31,000 citizens is located at the center of West Virginia’s 1-79 High Tech Corridor. The High Tech Corridor is anchored on the north by Morgantown, which is the home of West Virginia University Mountaineers, a Carnegie Foundation Research Institution and training academy for Cisco Systems and Oracle. Morgantown was recently rated the best small city in America bybizjournals.com.
- Perform the primary clinical duties of a Hospitalist in an inpatient setting, including coverage of the Medical Intensive Care/Telemetry Unit.
- Evaluate patients admitted to medical service for inpatient management and disposition.
- Work closely with medical and surgical consultants and primary care physicians to ensure that inpatients receive continuous, high-quality care.
- Provide coverage for West Virginia State Veterans Nursing Home, which is physically connected to our Medical Center.
- Responsible for providing the most effective delivery of patient care services throughout the Medical Center.
Tour of Duty: Available to work rotating twelve (12) and/or eight (8) hour shifts; however, subject to change, depending on the needs.
Veteran Affairs Physicians practice medicine more and spend less time on business tasks. Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation. No dealing with insurance company’s and no overhead. Practice pure medicine.
- U.S. Citizen
- Board certified/board eligible Internal Medicine
Unrestricted MD.DO license (practice with any current and unrestricted state license).
Working for the Department of Veteran Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part:
- 49 days paid time off annually including
- 26 days paid vacation
- 13 days of sick leave; 10 paid holidays
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability)
- up to 5% matching funds on your 401(k); on average, federal government pays 75% of your premium on your health care insurance; possible annual performance bonus of 7.5% up to a max $15,000 annually; VA contributes 9.6% of your salary toward federal retirement; and you do not have to pay a penny for malpractice insurance because you are covered by the federal government if a claim arises.
VA Total Compensation: VA physicians enjoy all the above mentioned benefits which increase total compensation by an average of 39% over your annual salary.
Medical License: A clean, valid medical license from any US State or Territory is all that is required to practice medicine in a VA Federal Hospital anywhere in the nation.
Salaries: VA Physician salaries are determined by a compensation panel of physicians at the facility where you practice medicine. VA salaries are very competitive and are based on physician salaries of the local market, your experience and credentials as a physician.
Job Satisfaction: VA Physicians enjoy the luxury of practicing medicine with the latest technologies and do so with no overhead costs, staff to pay, no rent on a building and no filing insurance claims. A 40 hour work week makes this a dream job for a physician with lots of time off for family and friends.
Clarksburg VA Medical Center
Clarksburg Convention & visitors Bureau
Things to do in Clarksburg-Facebook page
Interested: Forward your C.V. to Terrance Anderson