Salary Range: $180,648.00 – $249,678.00/year
Under the general direction of the Medical Director, the Physician Specialist performs the following essential job functions:
- Provides primary medical care to adult and pediatric patients with acute and chronic medical problems. This includes obtaining medical history, performing physician examinations, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, initiating and monitoring treatments, and counseling patients on their medical condition and on preventive health maintenance practices in accordance with established procedures and protocols;
- Documents all patient care in the electronic health record;
- Participates in the Quality Improvement and Assurance activities;
- Works effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and other community resources and agencies to coordinate care for patients;
- Participates in staff meetings and in-service activities;
- Participates in education and clinical supervision of other staff members including Family Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Medical Assistants and Health Workers, as well as UCSF medical students and residents on rotation;
- Performs limited administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Director; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
- Graduation from an approved medical school, possession of a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree, completion of a recognized residency program, and Board certification or eligibility in a specialty area; AND
- Possession of a license to practice medicine issued by the California Medical Board and possession of a Board Certificate or Board Eligibility in the respective specialty; AND
- If Board Certified: Two (2) years post-residency experience practicing as a specialist in the respective specialty area; OR If Board Eligible: Four (4) years post-residency experience practicing as a specialist in the respective specialty area.
- Medical Specialties noted in the Minimum Qualifications Section include: Board Certification in: Family, Internal, or Pediatric.
- This position requires possession of a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license.
*Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately here: https://www.jobaps.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=PEX&R2=2232&R3=PH9000