1 license/50 States- 49 days paid time off annually! No Insurance Company’s or Overhead to Deal With. Practice Pure Medicine!
The VA Maryland Health Care System, centered at the Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center is seeking a board certified in general adult psychiatry and addiction psychiatry, and has at least 2 years of supervisory and program leadership experience. Participates effectively in team meetings & conferences, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members in a manner that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Oversight of all addiction psychiatry services in Baltimore and the surrounding outpatient clinics.
- The Medical Director for the Methadone Program will report to this position.
- Has educational and administrative oversight for the addiction fellowship (two fellows/year).
- Offers an academic appointment – Supervise and teach residents from the University of Maryland, School of Medicine.
- Full and unrestricted MD/DO license (from any state)
- B.C. – American Board of Psychiatry with fellowship in Addictions Medicine.
- Must be highly motivated, team-oriented, committed to Veterans care, residents, student education; and have a focus on process improvement.
As a modern health care facility, the Baltimore VA Medical Center offers Veterans state-of-the-art technology and clinical services. The Baltimore VA Medical Center is the acute medical and surgical care facility for the VA Maryland Health Care System and offers a full range of inpatient, outpatient and primary care services. The Baltimore VA Medical Center is located in a vibrant city neighborhood on the campus of the University of Maryland at Baltimore and is within walking distance of Oriole Park at Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium (home of the Baltimore Ravens), Lexington Market and the Inner Harbor.
- 26 days paid annual vacation/personal leave per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- 13 days of wellness leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- Liability Protection
- Life, health, long term care insurance and retirement benefits
- Direct Federal membership to the AMA without dues
Having one of the largest funded research and development programs in the VA system enhances the medical center’s ability to provide state-of-the-art medical techniques and treatments to Maryland’s Veterans. The medical center is also home to the following specialized clinical and research centers:
- Epilepsy Center of Excellence
- Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center
- Maryland Exercise and Robotics Center of Excellence
- Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Center of Excellence
For more information, contact: