Things to know before you begin your online application:
- First-time users must create an account.
- Select Register Provider.
- Agree to the User Agreement.
- Complete all bolded fields on the Registration information page.
- Once complete, you will receive an email with instructions on how to retrieve your username. If you do not receive the email, verify that you have correctly entered your email address and that you do not have any email filters on that would stop the email from being delivered.
- Once you receive the registration confirmation with your username, follow the link provided in the email to login.
Completing, Submitting, and Paying Your Application Fee:
- Once logged in, select Application at the top of the screen.
- Go to Step 1 and select Preferences. This will allow you to choose the specialty to which you are applying.
- Select Add Credentialing Preference, enter ABPS on the Partial Name line and click the Search button. Do not enter an Organization Type or State in the search fields.
- From the list of ABPS Boards, select the one for Disaster Medicine.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to select a specialty classification. Disaster Medicine will not be listed in the drop down menu so you will have to choose the Classification that relates the closest to the specialty you trained in or currently practice.
- Answer No to “List Specialty in Directory?”. Click Save.
- Go to Step 1, click on Audit selection.
- Select the Disaster Medicine Board as the Credentialing Organization
- Select Initial as the Auditing Mode. The auditing mode must be enabled to ensure that all application required elements are identified in the side menu.
- Under Steps 2 and 3, links marked with a red X include required fields (in bold typeface) that must be completed in order to submit the application. If you are unsure what is required, each page has an Audit button that will display a list of the required information. Once complete, the red X becomes a green check mark.
- Send Application under Step 5.
- Create a confidential Provider Authorization code. This code is the legal equivalent to physically signing your application.
- Submit the application.
- ABPS will receive notification of your submission and email you an invoice for the application fee payment. This could take up to 2-3 days; however, the invoice amount will be based on the actual application submission date.
- For a list of all application deadlines and fees click here.
- PLEASE NOTE: Processing of your application will NOT begin until payment of the application fee is received.