Family Medicine Certification Application
Thank you for your interest in applying for certification in Family Medicine through the American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS).
- Before beginning the application, please review the Family Medicine eligibility requirements to ensure you meet the requirements and that you have all the documentation required to complete the application submission.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they meet all eligibility requirements as application fees are non-refundable – see fee schedule.
- Click here to view a list of all required information and documentation that MUST be completed/uploaded before the system will allow you to submit your application, so please allow sufficient time to complete the application to avoid missing deadlines and paying late fees.
- Failure to complete your submission by the published deadlines will defer the review of your application to the next year’s exam administration window.
- The Family Medicine certification application can only be accessed by clicking the link below. Follow the instructions on the screen to create an account.
- To access an application already in process, click the link below and sign in (do not create a new account).
- Existing diplomates applying for initial certification in a new specialty do not need to create a new account; just click on the link below and then sign in using your current Diplomate login information.
Once you are signed in, you can begin the application.